jueves, 28 de enero de 2010

"And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

Ok, so we're back in Pisac now. The river has decided to not be so vicious and the hill has stopped falling all over the road and the river has also stopped running all over the road. It has actually been a quite decent day today. When we got up in the morning it was actually quite nicve and we even stood on the balcony in the school and had a good sun for a few mins before our lessons started. It is quite remarkable how quickly time has passed. It is strange to think that we have passed the half way mark on this project and that tomorrow I will have been here for 3 weeks. I find it rather strange.
I'm sorry to everyone that the only photo that i've put up is of a depressingly broken bridge, but I haven't been able to add any of my own phots yet. (the bridge one was Ashley's). As soon as I am able to put some photos on here and on facebook I will. In the mean time you can always go and look at the photos that other people have posted of me in peru. There are about 7 of them on facebook in perui and there is also the rest of all the albums.

I promise that I'll put some on when I can.

The food here is absolutely awesome. Especially over the last few days when we have been cooking for ourselves. Yesterday we had a bit of a vegetable feast as what we get at home can be a bit Carb heavy. Imagine Chicken and rice and chips and the offer of bread. That's 3 carbs per meaty unit! but we are eating it and it is really yummy and so welcome after a long day trying to tell people that you can't say "they are a teachers"(believe me someone did ay that yesterday in a lesson)
Saturday is going to the day of our glorious return to The Bluer Llama for the all you can eat pancakes. I have a strange feeling that this may become a regular feature of Saturday mornings although I don't think that we are going to be able to keep up the level of pancake eating that we managed last week. Only time will tell!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario