martes, 2 de febrero de 2010

"doctor, doctor. I think I'm a pair of curtains"

I am going to start this post by saying to everyone that i am absolutely fine. (I seem to start like that quite a bit). The reason is this: over the weekend I felt rather unwell. I cam into cusco to do my project on Mnday and found out that my teaching partner was also feeling exactly the same as me. So we went to the clinic in Cusco and found out that we both had a parasitic gut infection. My partner had Salmonella as well and I had traces of it. So yeah, I'm currently taking a lot of pills and on a very stiff diet. No fried or spicy food. No freash fruit or veg. No dairy products. This really isn't helping the situation with my already high carb diet. However it can't be helped and as mum pointed out to me today, what were the chances of getting away without any food pouinsoning at all. I am now going to reinforce that I am getting better and the situation is under control.
So yeah, te project is still going well.
the big plan for this weekend is a trip to Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca for the festivl of light there. It looks like its going to be absolutely AMAZING.

the weather has got a lot better over the last week and they are now in the process of repairing the damage done by the rain. They have already repaired one of the bridges accross the river and hopefully ours will be the next on the list as we have some awesome ruins and a big touristy market in Pisac.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario